Want to hit more homeruns? The following two bats will help you you with that!
One of the more popular lines for BBCOR certified bats is the Speed Series offered by Easton. This page focuses on our Easton S3 BBCOR review, which we feel represents the best value of all the different models available in the S series (S1, S2, S3 and S4). The 2013 BB13S3 version of this bat is current available for just over $150 which is a steal as far as we’re concerned.
The S series of BBCOR bats are part of what Easton calls the power brigade. Some hitters need extra bat speed to realize their power potential while others need longer barrels. The model being reviewed hear is designed for the first set of players (i.e. those looking to increase their swing speed).
Overview of the S3 BB13S3
- Very quick swing
- Lightweight feeling
The entire line of S series nike catchers gear 2014 are very similar. All four promote quicker swing speeds and contain similar features. The difference between the 4 models is basically in the construction itself as the more expensive models feature higher end material. The S3 itself however includes the following:
- Increased bat speed – If you are finding that you are fouling off more pitches then you should be then the S3 might be exactly what the doctor ordered. But don’t worry, with a full size sweet spot, you’ll still generate just as much power before. Your swing will just feel a touch lighter which may be all you need.
- One piece system – The S1 and S2 models were both two piece version which provided more of a trampoline effect on contact. The S3 itself is much more solid which also means that it is harder to break. Many power hitters opt for the one-piece system especially when they want something to last more than a year.
- Thin handle – The 2013 version of this bat also uses a nice thin comfortable handle designed to reduce vibrations.
Sizes available: 31 in/28 oz, 32 in/29 oz, 33 in/30 oz, and 34 in/31 oz
Would we recommend the S3 BBCOR?
Of all the bats in the S-series, we felt that this model was our favorite. When you consider the performance it provides, the light swing weight and the inexpensive price then you have yourself a winner. So if you are looking to hit the ball harder and stop fouling pitches behind you then consider the Easton S3 BBCOR for your next season.
The aim of our Louisville Warrior BBCOR review is to show you that can get a pretty darn good bat that meets BBCOR standards for under $100. Although it is rare, they do exist and the Warrior is one of them. Rivaling the Easton reflex, the Warrior provides the hitters with a large sweetspot and one of the more comfortable swings around.
Louisville Slugger has been producing high quality bats for as long as I can remember. Where some companies specialize in many different pieces of equipment, Louisville has seemed to become a leader when it comes to the bats they produce. The Warrior itself has returned for the 2012 season and hopefully many beyond.
What to expect from the Warrior BB12W BBCOR
- Priced under $100
- Full sweetspot
When many people find a bat for under $100 the first assumption is that it is cheaply made and doesn’t provide much benefit. We feel that if you make that assumption with this bat that you are making a big mistake. The following are some of the main features that we liked about this bat.
- One piece design – One of the biggest advantages that one piece bats have over two piece system is their durability and rigid construction. Many two-piece systems provide a hitter with more of a flex when making contact. Some power hitters prefer the inflexible feeling provided by the one-piece.
- Reduced vibrations – The Louisville Warrior now comes with a brand new end cap designed specifically for reducing vibrations and preventing ball sting. This end cap has also been slightly modified to provide an even better energy transfer through the swing.
- Comfortable grip – Not only does the 2012 Warrior BB12W perform well but it also includes a synthetic leather grip throughout the handle for even more comfort. Using this grip, a hitter can also feel much more in control of their swings.
Sizes available: 30 in/27 oz, 31 in/28 oz, 32 in/29 oz, 33 in/30 oz, and 34 in/31 oz
Our Final Thoughts
This bat is absolutely perfect for beginner players or those hitters that do not have a huge amount of money for the purchase of a bat. It is one of the most commonly purchased bats and based on the swings we took we can see why. We highly recommend giving the Louisville Warrior BBCOR bat a shot.